Job Opportunities in the Baltic Defence College
Please see an advertisement and job opportunity in the Baltic Defence College:
Lecturer in “NATO Joint Operations”
JOB TITLE: NATO Joint Operations
JOB CODE: OP04
DEPARTMENT: Department of Military Studies
SUPERVISOR: Director of Department of Military Studies
LOCATION: Tartu, Estonia
SALARY: 30 000 – 42 000 EUR per annum (gross)
CONTRACT: Indefinite duration
Deadline for applications: 30 September 2020
Interviews anticipated: October-November 2020
Expected starting date: January 2021
The Baltic Defence College is a modern, future-oriented, English-language based international institution of the Baltic states providing professional military education with a wider Baltic region focus and Euro-Atlantic scope. The college serves as a professional military education institution at the operational and strategic level, applying contemporary educational principles, effective management and best use of intellectual and material resources. Our mission is to educate military and security/defence related civilian personnel of the Baltic States as well as their allies and partners, to contribute to applied research focused on security and defence policies while promoting international cooperation and networking. For more details see: http://www.baltdefcol.org/
We are looking for a lecturer to teach, plan and co-ordinate modules of our courses (operational and strategic level) in the area of the NATO capabilities category “NATO Joint Operations”. This person will educate military staff officers and selected civil servants of NATO/EU nations and PfP countries and contribute to their professional development. His or her contribution to our applied research and conduct of conferences and seminars will be appreciated.
He or she will be entitled to benefit from our attractiveness programme (i.e. funding of professional development, re-allocation support, limited initial lodging at low cost if available, free use of sports facilities). BALTDEFCOL employees are fully covered by Estonian medical insurance.
I MAIN DUTIES
- Develops and teaches modules, electives and/or classes to students of all courses in the area of NATO Joint Operations.
- Acts as subject matter expert in the area of expertise to BALTDEFCOL staff and students in execution of their tasks and assignments.
- Participates in the supervision and assessment of academic assignments given to students.
- Undertakes research relating to his/her area of expertise.
- Performs duties of a Syndicate Guiding Officer in accordance with Commandant’s Order.
II OTHER DUTIES
- Contributes to academic events of BALTDEFCOL (e.g. conferences, seminars, round tables) within his/her area of expertise.
- Represents BALTDEFCOL at external activities (e.g. conferences, seminars, courses) related to the field of expertise.
- Networks with relevant educational and research institutions.
- Ensures that the comprehensive in-house scenario used by BALTDEFCOL courses in support of educational activities is up to date.
1. Essential qualifications
- A broad professional background, including:
expertise in Combined Joint Operations planning and execution, NATO doctrine, Baltic region military security and adult education;
expertise in joint and operational matters;
knowledge and practical experience in utilizing NATO´s COPD;
ability to mentor JOC, JOPG and operational level working groups and boards activities;
- Experience in delivering teaching in an academic environment and/or attended the ‘NATO Academic Instructor Course’ at NATO School Oberammergau or an equivalent course at other educational institutions;
- Language: English (Proficient User: C1 or a comparable language performance profile).
2. Desirable qualifications
- Advanced academic degree in Military Management, Security Studies, Strategic Studies or related field;
- Graduated from a General Staff Course / Joint Command and Staff Course;
- Graduated from NATO Comprehensive Operations Planning Course;
- Relevant command and staff experience;
- Joint staff experience;
- Multinational staff service experience;
- Professional experience gained through participation in international military operations and/or exercises;
- Experience to design and develop online distance learning material;
- Knowledge in applying dedicated software for operational planning.
Please send your Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae (both in English) to Head of Human Resources and Administration Section, Ms. Kadri Nestra at [email@example.com].
The Baltic Defence College is an equal opportunities employer.